Replace bed or repair?

femurphy77

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, gonna buy a new replacement bed and have it repainted. I'm only having the exterior painted and when they are done I will have the inside rhino-lined. Your paint guys will cuss you if they have to tape off the whole bed to keep overspray off the fresh lining and with just a "little" care the rhino guys won't cause any damage to your fresh paint lest they have to pay to have it repainted. Make that part clear up front. Good luck!

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put some sort of spray in bedliner in it or you might be back where you are in a couple of years.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I deff. want the spray in liner. Maybe have the underside sprayed to? We have both a Rhino liner dealer and a LineX dealer locally. Any opinions on either? Seen a tailgate once that had the LineX on it that had a telephone pole land on it. Tailgate was destroyed, but the liner was still stuck fast. Hopefully it doesn't take to long to get a bed. I have to wait until they build another Ford truck.

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I deff. want the spray in liner. Maybe have the underside sprayed to? We have both a Rhino liner dealer and a LineX dealer locally. Any opinions on either? Seen a tailgate once that had the LineX on it that had a telephone pole land on it. Tailgate was destroyed, but the liner was still stuck fast. Hopefully it doesn't take to long to get a bed. I have to wait until they build another Ford truck.

Had both and they are about the same. Assuming both shops are equally reputable, let price dictate.

Samohajo

Banned User
Reaction score
It is hard to determine the extent of the damage without looking at the car. I would recommend going to a reputable auto body shop for an estimate and repair. The doors may be repaired or replaced depending on the extent of the damage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14