Replace Factory Gauges with Aftermarket

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the factory gauges with aftermarket gauges such as Isspro or Autometer? Anyone know if it's even possible?

Here's my reason for asking. I'm planning on installing aftermarket boost, pyro and tranny temp gauges. I'd like to get rid of the factory boost and tranny temp in the instrument panel so I don't have 2 gauges reading the same thing giving 2 different readings. I'd also like to have a volt meter in the dash where it should be. I still haven't figured out what Ford was thinking doing away with the volt meter. For how I use my truck the volt meter is more useful than the tranny temp gauge.I've searched quite a bit and pretty certain I can't get a direct replacement instrument panel for my diesel that doesn't have the boost and tranny temp. Prior to 05 there was no boost in the factory gauge cluster but it still had the tranny temp and the lay out is different. Will an 04 instrument panel work in my truck? I'm thinking of doing a complete custom gauge cluster so I arrange the gauges how I like, include the gauges I want and eliminate the duplicate gauges.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
( I'm thinking of doing a complete custom gauge cluster so I arrange the gauges
how I like, include the gauges I want and eliminate the duplicate gauges.)

I would love to be able to do this. I think I could make it look real nice and work like a gage is suppose to.
Good Luck.
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will never get those gauges to fit the Dash Panel. You can do all sorts of other things with them, like Pillar clusters, Roof Clusters, etc. Have Fun!!

Dave :)

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never say never. Where's there a will, there's a way. I think that's all the applicable cliches I can come up with. LOL. I personally don't have the talent required to make it work but someone does. Just have to keep searching. I really dislike the factory instrument cluster.

I've done the gauges on the pillar in my Dodge and loved them. I took them out when I upgraded the Edge Attitude monitor and regretted it. Much prefer good analog gauges. I'll do the pillar gauges again and probably the roof mount depending on how crazy I go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58