Replacement Caps....

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I would be able to find a replacement cap for the fuel filter on the driver's side railing?(HFCM) I "kinda":doh: tore it up when I changed fuel filters, about 2,000 miles ago. And it's about that time to change them again. Is it only a dealer item, or would I be able to buy it elsewhere. I believe they use the same cap on the oil filters. Is that correct? I've always liked the powder coated ones that they use for the oil guard. Any kind of information would be greatly appreciated.:thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No, the cap is NOT the same as the oil filter cap. It has the same HEX size for the socket wrench to remove it. It is also a Dealer item, sorry.

Dave

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies fellas.....I guess I'll be heading on to the 'ol stealership to get what I need. Wish me luck!!

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in order to aviod tearing it up i know snap-on tools sells the sockets for the filters i think they run around 25 bucks on their website. I ll try to get a link.

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Lisle make those kind of sockets? I believe they sell them at Advance Auto Parts. Would those work just as well?

99RedTA

spoolin up
Reaction score
i got my socket from a friend that's a mechanic at a dealer. He got it from the snap-on guy that comes by there. Although it's not a snap on socket.

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it would be the same if you looking for just a socket. I have just seen them in the catalog and online. just depends on what you want and price.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
JustMeandMyZ said:
Does anyone know where I would be able to find a replacement cap for the fuel filter on the driver's side railing?(HFCM) I "kinda":doh: tore it up when I changed fuel filters, about 2,000 miles ago. And it's about that time to change them again. Is it only a dealer item, or would I be able to buy it elsewhere. I believe they use the same cap on the oil filters. Is that correct? I've always liked the powder coated ones that they use for the oil guard. Any kind of information would be greatly appreciated.:thanks

Can't help with the Cap, but I had to ask, You change your fuel filters every 3K??????? Are you running a 30:1 mix of diesel to mud;) ????

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Actually, I change them every 10,000 miles or whatever the manual requires. I guess I must have got my numbers wrong. Like I said, I'm about due on another fuel filter change and I needed a new cap. I have put a lot miles on my truck since my last filer change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14