Replacement Shocks

Discussion in 'General Super Duty Discussion' started by Steve Edwards, Mar 11, 2020.

Car Parts
  1. aklim

aklim Full Access Member

Nice things cost more money than cheap junk. If you are worth $20 an hour, why would you take less?

I bought FX3 shocks for my Corvette. 10 years later, one front was leaking. Bilstein would not do anything without it being sent in for checking. They wanted both the front shocks and not just the leaking one. I honestly don't believe they tested either or even bothered to rebuild them. Within 2 hours of receipt, they already prepared a shipping label and before end of the day, it was on a FedEx truck. Couple days later, the letter said that the shocks were replaced.

Would I buy Bilsteins again? You bet. This is $200 apiece shock they tossed and sent me 2 new ones

2. gunman41mag

gunman41mag Full Access Member

https://www.shockwarehouse.com/inde...ed_model=4000&selected_year=2013&mode=results

3. gunman41mag

gunman41mag Full Access Member

There's the list of different shocks you can buy, i have the monroe reflex on my truck, they're fine, maybe next time I'll try a different brand just to compare

4. aklim

aklim Full Access Member

Any shock is better than the current ones that are worn out. What it is like in the long run is a good question

5. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra Full Access Member

I think I paid $400 for Bilsteins on my truck. Most might consider that expensive, but one Bilstein strut for my car is $350. So I think they're a good deal.

I replaced the shocks around 30k as one of the fronts was leaking. There was a noticable change in ride for the better. Plus there was one road I drove on to work that always had a bump that would kick the rear of the truck sideways. After the Bilsteins it never happened again.

You might be able to get to the fronts with the tires on and turned, but with them off it's really easy.