replacement trans pan question

Bbasso

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how more fluid would make the pump work harder?

It's pumping no matter what, right?
Since it's already pumping, more fluid equals more heat disapation= less heat overall in the trans & the pump.
I think who said that was either speaking out of his ass or speaking with hidden knowledge that he should share.

I say go with the largest pan, just be sure the ground clearance won't be an issue.

Racinghcr

Racinghcr
Reaction score
Hughes Aluminum 4 qt tranny pan

i have found two pans types for my truck w/4R100. whats better- a 3+ quart pan or the 7+ quart pan, i heard that too much extra fluid can cause my trans pump to work too hard but i have heard the opposite, never too much, :dunno

B&M 40295 - B&M Automatic Transmission Deep Pans - Overview - SummitRacing.com

TCI Auto 498010 - TCI Aluminum Transmission Pans - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I put a Hughes (4 Qt extra Trans pan) Aluminum Transmission Pan on my 2001 F-350 for towing and it helped reduce oil temps enough to satisfy my pulling needs. It's a great looking finned aluminum tranny pan that is well engineered and easy to install and gives enough extra oil capacity to do the job without going overboard on price or oil..

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
I put a Hughes (4 Qt extra Trans pan) Aluminum Transmission Pan on my 2001 F-350 for towing and it helped reduce oil temps enough to satisfy my pulling needs. It's a great looking finned aluminum tranny pan that is well engineered and easy to install and gives enough extra oil capacity to do the job without going overboard on price or oil..
How much was it, where did you buy it from?

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
How much was it, where did you buy it from?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg