Replacing coin holder in 08 or 09 with upfitter switches

Notplayn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I want to replace the coin holder in my 08 F350 with the upfitter switches. The coin holder is located right of the brake controller. The upfitter switches ( 4 aux switches ). Has anyone done this??? I bought the switches because the guys at the dealership said the harness should be there. Well I cant find it. I removed the coin holder and I dont see the plug (yes I have dug around). In my owners manual on page 114 it talks about the switches. It says that on the left side of the steering wheel under the dash I will find some wires that have been cut and bound. I did but the color of the wires are not the same. Can someone please shed some light on this for me.:hail

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joe, I really can't take credit for all that work, I found that while surfing and thought it would come in handy some day. I think it should work in a 08 model year but I would check with Ford to be sure.

Notplayn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell the harness is not there. I have taken the coin holder and brake controller out and no connector for the switches. I also removed the knee panel under the steering. The are no blunt cut wires except for the pto wiring like there should be according to the owners manual. If it was not built with it, it does not have it. Seems pretty dumb for them to build it and not make a kit to be able to add it. I found something on ebay but not sure if it will work. Somebody on the face of this earth has had to have done this. The service manager for the local Ford truck dept is researching this for me. I will post any progress.:sweet
All the info I have found stops at 07.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl