Reprogramming programer?

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
I have a question about a programmer that was bought and used on a 6.0, could this be sent back to the company and be reprogrammed for a 7.3?
My uncle has a couple of them that he would give me, if it would work on my truck. Any ideas on this, thanks alot. I think he said it was the predator, or sct. one or the other. :dunno

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
if its a predator they will tell you NO
i tried to get my 7.3 predator updated to the 6.0
they told me it was a whole different electronic animal,
sure looked the same,
so i sold it and now i am "without tuner" :eek:

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As PB said, it depends....
many tiems it's not worth the effort, just look for someone that might give you a trade in on an SCT or sell it outright and get the sct :)

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
We carry SCT and I would suggest calling them and telling them that you had this unit on your 7.3L and now have a 6.0L.....I wouldnt be surprised if they said ship it to me. Actually if its a SCT try and load it. I know the newer ones you can switch vehicles 5 times before it VIN locks. Each time it has to be set back to stock of course. Also I may be able to send it to my Custom tuner and he could blow it out if you wanted to buy some customs.

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not exactly. Let's find out a little more here. Is the unit is a 9400 or a 9415SF? You can tell by looking on the box for the unit. If the unit is a 9400 it will need to be reprogrammed to match your 7.3 PCM family code then it becomes VIN locked to your truck. This can be done through email by someone who has the SCT dealer software. If it is a 9415SF then you can try it on the 7.3 just make sure the 6.0 was set back to stock before using it on the 7.3. Both units can be custom programmed but the 9415 SF would need to be converted to a 9400. This can be done by you with the FREE live load software you can download from SCT's website. If you have any questions don't hesitate to call us.

Diane

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
If it was a 9400 I would imagine his uncle would have told him it was a custom tune, we dont even know if its a SCT or Predator at this point. It might even be a Superchips....alot of people call both of them SCT instead of SCMT or flashpaq. If it is a 9400 when you plug it in it just wont do anything and you will know to call someone. For the 7.3L everyone know's Jody and Dianne (above) are very good with them if you need a custom tune. If it is in fact a SCT you are very lucky to get one for free....you have some really good options at that point.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
I believe it's a Predator, I am gonna get it from him this week. And maybe give it a shot. If not I will have one for sale if anyone is looking for one, that or maybe a trade for a set of gauges. Thanks for the replies, I will post more on it when I pick it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14