Reselling a Superchip Microtuner

wdw64

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The tuner says it is VIN locked, but if I return to stock setting can the next buyer install on his truck? Like all, budgeting upgrades....

Thanks,

Wes

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tuner says it is VIN locked, but if I return to stock setting can the next buyer install on his truck? Like all, budgeting upgrades....

Thanks,

Wes

If you return the stock setting to the pcm it will be unlocked and you can use it on another truck, correct.

wdw64

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quickest reply in the history of my internet usage!!! I live in Euless, just off 360 and 183. I'll be getting in touch with you this summer to upgrade. I've got gauges to install and general preventave maintanence to do before I feel comfortable going too big. If you get to Cowtown Speedway come by George White's pit and say "Hey."

Thanks

Wes

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, I just got on the site and saw that post as the first one, didn't realize it was only a couple of minutes old!

Wow, you are not far away from me at all, my uncle lives in Bedford, as a matter of fact I"ll be over there this week mowing his lawn, providing the monsoons are over for a day or so :eek:

Where is this speedway at and what kind of racing?

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Wes--

I had a SCMT and whenever I had a tune on my truck, it was VIN locked. Returning it to stock "unlocked" the tuner and it could be used on another truck. This is just to prevent a guy from buying one tuner and tuning 10 trucks at once.

You'll be fine returning it to stock and selling it.

Bruce

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58