Retractable Air Hose Reel Installation

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I've been thinking of doing what Bama did with a hose reel, I'm just concerned about clogging it up with mud and grime. I need to do it so I can free up some room that the 25' hose coil takes up under the back seat.

Sagebel, I have been looking out for the mud & gunk to be clogging the hose reel up, and so far, I have found nothing. It has stayed relatively clean.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking of doing what Bama did with a hose reel, I'm just concerned about clogging it up with mud and grime. I need to do it so I can free up some room that the 25' hose coil takes up under the back seat.

Sagebel, I have been looking out for the mud & gunk to be clogging the hose reel up, and so far, I have found nothing. It has stayed relatively clean.

For now, I've left the compressor & reel in the bed box. It only takes up a 14" wide space and hasn't "Been in the way" of anything, and I was able to use a reel with 50' of hose (pvc).. which I've found to be Very handy.

Just today.. I was able to help the proverbial "Lady with a Baby", in the Lowes loading area, had low L&R rears, after they loaded a big stack of Redwood 2X6s in her pick-up.. Air'dm up.... she went on her way.... to her hubby, who's building a Deck. I Like That OBA ;tu

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I got motivated today and pulled the reel off the wall in the garage to see if it would fit. It did and now I need to buy a new one for the garage. Thanks for the idea Bama.

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sagebel

I like the idea of onboard air, but the reel won't work in northern Canada, too much frozen crap under the truck in winter, I wouldn't see it till May. I like the idea of a plug in system, can you give me some info on your system?

Thanks

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea ya got there Stephen. I would really like to add on board air to my truck. I guess for the ones worried about the reel getting clogged up with road grime you could fab up a cover to go around it. Something in stainless steel maybe.....

Where are you guys getting the compressors from?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58