Reverse aid sensor problem

TLO11

Papermaker
Reaction score
Hello...I'm having trouble with my reverse aid vehicle sensors on my '06 F250. I recently put a Ranchhand bumper replacement on the back of my truck that has pre-drilled holes for the factory sensors. Since then, the 'OFF' switch on the dash stays lit up when I put my truck in reverse. I can turn it back on (when I'm not in reverse) by pushing the button twice but it immediately turns off when I shift into reverse. I have tried unplugging the battery, the sensors, and wiggled some wires but have had no success. I was curious if there is maybe a reset somewhere on my truck that I am unaware of or which fuse, relay, etc. controls the sensors. Any info would help. Thanks!

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
I just put the same bumper on the rear of mine. My sensors are a lot more sensitive in this bumper than they were in the factory bumper. I can't leave my ball in the reciever cause it thinks someone is there if I do.

I havent had the problem your having.

TLO11

Papermaker
Reaction score
Thanks, at least now I know that they WILL work in my bumper. I'm still under factory warranty but I'm not sure if it will be covered because of the aftermarket accessory. I guess there's only one way to find out.....

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
The factory bumper was pretty much flush all the way across. On the ranch hand the part where the ball and reciever are is a little farther out. Those two inside sensors (IMO) are picking that up. When you put a hitch in it it sticks a foot or so past where the sensors are, and it really picks that up.

TLO11

Papermaker
Reaction score
I think there must be a malfunction with my sensors. The little 'beep' noise does not go off at all, nor can I turn the sensors on to hear the 'beep'. When I first crank my truck, the sensor 'OFF' light on the dash flashes on briefly then goes off like there's nothing wrong with them. When I shift from park to reverse, the sensors immediately turn themselves off.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install your bumper or someone do it for you....

my "guess" ? someone switched some wires around and/or not grounded properly...

good luck getting it fixed - MAN, I couldn't function in the Ex without the backup sensors.... in fact, I have trouble waiting on the sensors when in my wife's car and almost back into stuff ! :)

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
I'm the same way when I driver her Tahoe....I sure would feel stupid if I backed into something cause my sensors didnt go off

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the same exact problem with my '01 and its sensors. I still have the factory original bumper on. None of the sensors have ever been removed. Occassionally they will function properly. Seems to be an intermittent problem, which leads me to believe that possibly one or more of the rear sensors have taken a crap. Not sure how much they are thru the stealership though. Hopefully I can get this figured out and will post results.

TLO11

Papermaker
Reaction score
Hey fellas...I finally took my truck in for some warranty work and two of the sensors went bad causing them all not to work. Believe it or not, the stealership is covering them under warranty even though I have an aftermarket bumper on my truck now. I never would have thought that!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg