Reverse is Killing it.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Just as the title states. Sometimes when I put the truck in reverse the truck dies. It has done it 4 times out of putting it in reverse a total of 20 times. It has recently started doing this, the only thing changed has been the PCM, and addition of the chip. The new PCM is NVK. Once it dies you can put it in park, turn the key off and and then turn it back on and it will start up just fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Kyle

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
When I did my 1st PCM swap, I had a similar problem whenever I put it into Drive. Since I got the PCM from DP-Tuner, he sent me another with adjustments to the programing. What was happening was the torque converter was locking up prematurely and killing the engine as soon as I put it into gear.

Sounds like you might have a comparable problem. Where did you get your PCM and chip from?

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
I got both the PCM and Chip from Tony. I haven't had time to call and talk to him about it yet, but will. I was wondering if something like that was happening, or if maybe there was a bad connection somewhere or something. It doesn't happen all the time just sometimes. First thing I was gonna try was pulling the chip and PCM and wiping them off one more time just to e on the safe side. Then go from there.

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
sometimes the filter in the tranny drops down into the pan and it will cause the truck to stall/die in reverse. just something to consider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58