Reverse vehicle aid sensor

97nukeford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of choosing goodies for my new SD. What is this reverse sensor? How does it indicate? Would it help me backing up to my boat for hookup, or is this just for obstacle warning? Any feedback would be appreciated!;)

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
It is just for obstacle warning. I have it and the wife loves it. It can be anoying because when you turn it off it turns back on again everytime you put it in reverse. When you have a trailor hooked up it will beep at you the whole time in reverse. It can be kind of nice at times when backing up in tight places.

Trapper

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow a lot and love it. The 06 trucks stay off once you push the button, and then resets whenever you restart the truck.

Reaction score
Trapper77 said:
. . . It can be anoying because when you turn it off it turns back on again everytime you put it in reverse. . . .

Trapper

Trapper -

You need to run over to your friendly Ford dealer and have them reprogram it for you. I had mine done - works like the 05/06 models now - push the button once and it stays off until you either hit the button again or cycle the key.

I had mine done - it's great now.

Ron

5vertugger

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
97NUKFORD,
My 2001 250 had the backup sensor on it. At first I didn't like it, but I got used to it when hooking up our trailer the closer you got the faster it would BEEP. Now I wish I had it on my 05.

F350R

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I sure like mine I can back into the driveway up against the garage and know I have the truck off of the sidewalk. They are also nice when hooking up the trailer you can get right under the hitch on the first try almost everytime.

NavyAg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
On a truck as long as ours, the sensors become an extra set of eyes for you when backing up. I do not know how I lived without it on my F150. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone. It goes to a solid tone when about 6 or 10 inches from what ever is behind it. It is indispensable!:sweet

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.Com. I love it on mine 06. If I had ordered my truck I wouldn't have gotten it. Hope I never have to do without one again.
It is worth what ever they cost.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
had factory sensor on my 02 liked it very much. my 06 was for some reason missing that option, but i did find a site that carries a WIDE range of sensor for front and back and have displays that actually give you feet or meters plus red and green and yellow lights and sound that mounts to the top of the rearview mirror for under 200 buckaroos.
mine is sitting in the box waiting for better weather to install install it.
www.carsensors.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14