rhino liner on rockers

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about getting some rhino lining done on my truck, I was thinking about doing the bottom 8" or 10" of the body and inside the door jambs and rockers. I think it will look good as my truck is black, I want this thing to last as long as possible i plan on driving it till the wheels fall off

How would i go about doing it should i get it sprayed on or should i buy one of the roll on kits what are your guys thoughts on this, im not sure what would be the best way to go

ghoff

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
look into line-x It's a much more durable product. The Rhino lining can be scraped off with a fingernail.

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Liner

I did my bed with Herculiner about 6 months ago. The kit was $80 at Auto Zone and if the prep work is done right the final outcome is awesome. I trashed the 4"x 4" scotch brite pad and used 100 grit on an DA. Acetoned the whole thing and layed down two thick coats. I'll tell you that it's strong stuff cause I'm constantly beating the crap out of it doing road work and it's held up so far. Go to there website and check out the customer reviews. Rhino liner is expensive and you don't get the satisfaction of DIY.

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what i was thinking, the kits are kinda cheap and if i do it myself i know it will be done right. I just dont want the stuff to fall off in a year or so

JRJ04

Reaction score
look into line-x It's a much more durable product. The Rhino lining can be scraped off with a fingernail.

:eek: ill agree that line x is a tough material...but id love to see someone whose had a rhino liner scrape off with a fingernail...its a 1/4" thick...ive beaten the hell out of mine and even put dents in my bed and it had not shown any sings of wear at all.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm think'n if someone could simply scrape it (any liner) off.. the Bed wasn't Prep'd properly ?

It's ALL.. in the Prep, when it comes to these spray-on surface protectants (Liners).

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about getting some rhino lining done on my truck, I was thinking about doing the bottom 8" or 10" of the body and inside the door jambs and rockers. I think it will look good as my truck is black, I want this thing to last as long as possible i plan on driving it till the wheels fall off

How would i go about doing it should i get it sprayed on or should i buy one of the roll on kits what are your guys thoughts on this, im not sure what would be the best way to go

I know a couple'a 4X4 guyz that have had theirs done, as you describe.. They Swear by it.

But my above Post applies ??

Joe

JMO but I'd have it done by the Pro's :dunno

danman

way up here
Reaction score
spray on rocker guard

I did my rockers with a spray can in July of 09 and they have held up just fine. Here in Canada we have brutally cold witers and alot of salt on our highways. sofar there have been no sighs of peeling or flaking of the rockguard. next I will be doing the inside bottom of the doors where the weatherstriping is attached with the small pins. hopefully this will keep the paint from peeling and stop any rust from eating the bottom of my doors. I bought the rockguard from my local parts store but I did grind down to bare metal before spraying the rockguard. I hope this helps anyone thinking of doing the same thing.

Scot

;()
Reaction score

Mine's done. Been 28 months since I had it done. Line-X pics If I wasn't so picky about stuff like this I may have gone the roll on route but I wanted the color match.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14