Richards Revenge (aka biodiesel ate my HP fuel line)

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Joat...30R9? Is that a nitrile inner liner with rubber outter? From my understanding the 30R9 will eventually be degraded by B100. Under pressure the BD will permeate the hose and you will have a greasy mess again. Viton and teflon is all I use.

You're thinking of 30R7. SAE 30R9 is flouroelastomer barrier lined, highly resistant to biodiesel and all other fuels. The outside is not as resistant so spills should be cleaned off.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
When you say hose shop, you mean like autozone or oriely right?

Hose shop for a fabricated hose would be more like a hydraulic hose shop. Usually listed under "hose and fittings". They can build you a slick stainless braid over teflon hose using the old one as a pattern.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
questiin

the hose that your talking about, does it ruin from the engine to the tank right

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
From the front of the heads to the Fuel Pressure Regulator (on the side of the filter housing), There are 2 of them.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
so i dont need to change the lines?

The SD's have steel tubing feed lines from the filter to the heads, dead end system with no returns lines. The OBS's have mechanical pumps with steel feed lines and rubber return lines.

On a SD only need to upgrade hoses if you've done modifications with rubber hose. Also with higher concentrations it's best to use a heated prepump filter to help prevent waxing in cool climates.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
"heated prepump filter " is there a paticular place to go and get one of these. last thing i need is to get stran:eek: ned

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg