Ride Rite Air Bags

drillbit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experiences w airbags? I pull a heavy 5th wheel & it sure does squat in the rear when loaded. I have ordered a set of Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags. Cost is $395 installed. Besides leveling out the truck & load capasity, are there any outer benifits to the air bags? Thanks for all replies!!:thanks

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Mine didn't really change my empty ride but they did improve the loaded ride as well as put the headlights back on the road. Did you get the bags that mount inside the frame rails or outside? One thing you can do is use the airbags to justify an onboard air system and a set of airhorns!:thumbs :thumbs

Scott

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Not really any other benefits other than picking the back end up when loaded heavy. I find with mine if I run them over 50psi when hauling the camper I get some sway. If you inflate them to the point where they are carrying all the weight then the springs cannot help support the weight. I have found at 40-50psi I get a couple of inches of drop compared to when empty and so the springs, overloads and airbags are packing some weight thus getting triple support rather than all the load being supported by the bags.

drillbit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Love the airhorn idea, but I already have dual oahugaa horns!! Talk about a head turner!!! These appear to mount on the outside of frame. good info on not overloading the bags.. let the springs & bags split the load & love the tv show Deadliest Catch!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14