rim size?

banana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lifted my truck recently and am looking at tires. i have the stock rims on the truck (which I like). they are 7 inches wide. has anyone put a 37 or 35x12.50 on this size rim?

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ran 315/75R16's (35x12.5's) on my stock wheels (16x7's) without any problems or irregular tread wear.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some places won't mount that size tire on that swize rims. They refuse too. Find you a shop that will and go for it.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
I have ran 315's on 16x7 Rims before with no problems ;)

But 10" wide rim would be mucho better ;)

drillin001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
usually if you mount a wide tire on a narrow wheel the center of the tire will wear out before the the outer edges. i run mine on 10's

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
usually if you mount a wide tire on a narrow wheel the center of the tire will wear out before the the outer edges. i run mine on 10's

Also if they come with any type of warranty, they will be voided but if there isn;t any go for it.

Travis T

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It really depends on the quality of the tire. I ran load range D Pro Comp AT's on the stock Alcoa 16X7s. They come with a 50,000 mile tread life warranty and I got 72,000miles out of them (They were completely shot and showing belts all the way around when they were replaced). But, I had to run really low air pressure (like 39-45psi) to make them lay flat. The problems are that they squat at those pressures making them less than 34" tall and the sidewall becomes loose causing the truck to drift a bit and not corner well.

10" wide rims are more proper but if $$$ prohibit, then it's not completely necessary.

When you do get rims, consider this (cause I didn't and regret it): 19" and larger rims will allow you to run 94-97 F-SuperDuty heavy duty brake parts. The super large rotors are about the same price as our oem parts and work MUCH MUCH better than stock. But they don't fit in a 16" rim.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14