Road Trip Questions

CORNBOY

Cornboy
Reaction score
Thanks! I was also thinking about going with a wicked wheel. Would this be money well spent for my cause?

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
The WW or ATS housing is a definitely a good idea. Many people experience turbo surge while towing after adding a chip/programmer. The WW cures it 90% of the time and the ATS housing cures it for good. I have the WW and it worked for me - haven't had any surge problems. Plus you'll like how the turbo sings with the WW.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
and changing all fluids from the diff to the engine. I am looking for suggestions on the best bang for the buck. Is it worth it to go synthetic?

No and yes. No in the engine UNLESS you plan on extended oil drain intervals with a bypass filter setup. Otherwise it's a waste of money. Delo 15W40 has served me very well by my Blackstone UOA reports. Yes in the tranny and transfer case. I use Redline ATF and IMO it's the best ATF available. I also use Redline 75W90 synthetic in my rear diff. Front diff is dino gear oil. I rarely use 4WD.

CORNBOY

Cornboy
Reaction score
The turbo always has been too quiet for my liking. If I use synthetic gear lube in the rear diff will I have to use a friction additive too? What do you recommend for transfer case? You guys are a plethora of information!!!:ZigBang:

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
I would go with a chip from Tony Wildman, a 4" exhaust and at least a EGT gauge.
I have a chip from Tony. It has the fast idle, economy, tow, and extream burn on it. I love it. It is just perfect for pulling my 34' fiver. Most of the time I pull in economy mode. When I hit a really tall hill or mountain, I switch to tow mode and have no problems pulling the grade.

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
I would go with a chip from Tony Wildman, a 4" exhaust and at least a EGT gauge.
I have a chip from Tony. It has the fast idle, economy, tow, and extream burn on it. I love it. It is just perfect for pulling my 34' fiver. Most of the time I pull in economy mode. When I hit a really tall hill or mountain, I switch to tow mode and have no problems pulling the grade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg