Rolling black smoke

bigblackford195

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my truck is broke and im just looking for some input on what might be wrong with it. I went out for a drive lastnight, drove 10 seconds down the street after letting it warm up for 10 minutes and it started chugging, jerking and rolling black smoke out of the exhaust. The turbo pressure seemed to be way down and it wouldnt go over 1000 rpm without doing the chugging and jerking thing.. So i went home and parked it. I went outside thismorning to see if I could figure anything out. I plugged it in when i got home from the insident as its fairly cold in Canada right now and it ran for about 10 seconds and started rolling smoke then just shut down. So I tried starting it again and it wouldnt start. I recently had a turbo boost tube replaced because it was doing the same thing before but found it kinda odd that it would break again only a month after having it replaced. A friend of mine suggested it could be the fuel injection control module.

Any suggestions of what could be wrong with my truck would be greatly appreciated. Its a 2005 ford f 250.

Thanks guys!

- Zac

mater69

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would go to that also, we had tow truck acting same way , only start when warm temp, if cold no start just crank, we put hot water over it it would start run soon cool down it would start misfiring, sputtering, replaced mod has not missed a beat, truck has about 276,000 is 2006.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The EGR valve might be plugged up. Take it out (only 3 small bolts) and clean it using carb cleaner. Don't soak it in the carb cleaner as the fluid will get into the coil under the metal top. My FICM acted up (mater69) and would not start in the cold. A new one fixed that.

Dave ;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14