Rotella vs Delo (15w40)

blueoneton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know what you 7.3 guys think with this question. I have been using the Rotella 15w40 in my 2002 F350 for a while with no issues/complaints. I also hear the Delo 15w40 is too an execellent oil. Costco has a good coupon deal on the Delo 15w40. Not saying I'm going to run out and buy the Delo, but wanted some opinions on both and how your 7.3's do with the Delo.

Thanks
bot

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a blackstone report on both oils in my engine. The DELO performed better in my truck than Rotella. It reversed some of the wear metals I saw with Rotella. It is cheaper here, too. I'd recommend it highly.

blueoneton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bbressler,

Thanks for the reply, good information with the Blackstone report, interesting. Have you noticed any issues with oil consumtion with either oil? My 7.3 may use a little between oil changes. I found the coupon from Costco ($15.00 off 6/1 gallon case-limit 5 cases) I have also read somewhere the Delo 15w40 had good reviews.

Clyde99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have only ever put DELO in diesels, my own included and have never had an issue with it. I recommend it whenever anyone asks my opinion . I run 15w-40 from April/march to about sept. and 10w-30 the winter months. Alaskan winters are a bit cold to keep the heavy oil in all year.

HighwayPrisoner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would jump all over that deal on Delo. A friend has run Delo exclusively in 3 02 7.3's, and one 6.0, and swears by it. He has never had any oil related concerns, including consumption. Total miles are around 1 million.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14