Rotors and pads

rum4by5

Reaction score
Appears that I have some warped rotors cause when I brake I get feedback all the way thru my steering wheel and it sucks. Any suggestions on replacement parts for the rotors and pads?

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
If you willing to drop a pretty penny on really good brakes, 1200 will get you the stainless steel brakes with sloted rotors, 8 piston calipars and high temp brake pads. SSB.com I think is the url, google it and it should come right up.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i know its 2 weeks after this was posted, well, i just joined up a few days ago too, just thought i would add my 2 cents worth. i recently changed my rotors to Power Slot cryo treated rotars, the cryo process makes the rotors molecular structure stronger, wew!!!, (that was a mouth full). they should last about twice as long. power slot also recommended the hawk super duty pads if you do alot of heavy towing. so far they have worked very well together.

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Howdy Bama,
What did the Power slots run you (ballpark).
Thanks,
Craig

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
bama-
are you referring to the 'frozen rotors'? i have heard bad press about them. was looking into them for me cuz i do lots of heavy towing. now that someone has them, could you give feedback now and again?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
happeetxn said:
Howdy Bama,
What did the Power slots run you (ballpark).
Thanks,
Craig

the rotors and pads were alittle over 700.00 for all 4. you can add about 45.00 extra for the cryo treatment per rotor. i ordered them through SECO Performance in huntsville, al. they took about 2 weeks to come in. so far i have no complaints.:sweet :thumbs i really wanted the stainless steel rotors by SSB, but they were not available for my truck at the time. i think after i bought the power slots, i saw an advertisement for them (SSB rotors) a few weeks later.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
red 6 0-no said:
bama-
are you referring to the 'frozen rotors'? i have heard bad press about them. was looking into them for me cuz i do lots of heavy towing. now that someone has them, could you give feedback now and again?

they really work well for me. i pull a 36' kaufman 2 car hauler 5th. i called power slot before i considered buying them. he told me that for heavy hauling, he recommended the install with hawk super duty performance pads. he said the only draw back is when you are just cruising around town in truck only, they can be squeeky. he was right. it sounds like you need new brakes. but under heavy towing conditions, the brake pads really likes heavy loads and they do work very well.

i will continue to let you know if any problems occur.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
they told me last 2-3 times over factory set-up. the first set of factory rotors lasted about 85,000. the second set was terrible, i changed to the current set-up at around 105,000 miles. so they should last for longer than the 85,000 i got from the first factory set. we shall see!!!

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
rum4by5,

There is no subsitute for the Powerslot cyro'ed rotors and Hawk pads. You'll hate yourself for not changing them sooner. If you have any questions on them call us!

Mark @ DPPI

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14