Rough idle after start

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I start the truck, occasionally it will idle rough like a real high performance engine. It doesn't do it everytime just occasionally. I have a chip on that has been on it for years. I put an 18k module on it about 4 months ago and I haven't used it since before this started. I am wondering if where the 18k module splices into the sensor on top of the engine is causing a short. The funny thing about this is that when I rev the engine up for about 2-3sec it will idle fine. It does it whether the engine is cold or hot. I can not find a common link. Please help. Thanks.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Take the 18K off for a starting point.

When was the last oil/filter change performed?

Fuel filter?

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the oil and filter last sunday. It was doing it before that as well. I need to change the fuel filter again but it has not been that long. I am going to take the 18K off and examine the wire. I can't probably get that done until next weekend. I am very busy in the week and my wife drives the pickup to work at night. I have a company pickup that I drive in the day.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, disconnected the 18K module, changed fuel filter while installing a new ipr and still nothing. I dont know what else this could be. any suggestions?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58