rough idle

2000SuperStroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My truck has always surged a little while setting and idleing, but it has gotten worse with the cold weather it seems. It doesn't seem to matter whether if the truck is cold or warm. It quits when I put it into any gear except neutral and hold my foot on the brake. I have turned my poetentiometer mod to low resistance and high resistance and it doesn't matter. It has a new fuel filter and lift pump due to other problems. I was wondering if it could be the EBP sensor, the fuel regulator, IPC sensor or the mod causing it, or something completely different. The temperature has ranged from the 20's to the 50's here in Kansas and I don't think the temp has anything to do with it.

Any ideas????
I will try to check the replies Saturday night.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Try changing your oil to a syn oil, 5w40 should work just fine. My 6.0 romped before I changed to syn oil. No romps or surges now. I am one happy camper.

Dave

2000SuperStroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What brand of oil do you run in yours? I have been using Rotella 15w40 in it for the 4 months that I have had. I hated to buy a high mile truck with about 190000 on it when I got. Looking you couldn't tell and it runs like new with a reman trans. I think about 95% of them are highway and it came from Oklahoma.

Gail

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl