rough start and running

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
HPOPs don't go out very often. What oil are you running? I was running 15W40 and had rough starting in cool to cold weather. I changed to 5W40 Syn oil and it cured it. Rotella T 5W40 is available at Wal Mart for less than $20 per gallon. Try it,

Dave

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
I have used the Ford 15W 40 until this last oil change at 95K. I switched over to the Rotella 15W40 oil. I change the oil every 5k and have been hesitant and cheap. So I have not switched to the Synthetics. I like Synthetic oils just being cheap.

It is is an oiling problem with the HPO System I just dont want to keep replacing little things. I have read that the oil supply tubes to the injectors have plugs that will leak and the supply tube from the HPOP can leak too. I am just not interested in doing little things here and there. Want to fix the problem and move on!

Additionally, I went to town today and the truck crank up quicker after making a brief stop. Sort of seems that pressure could be bleading off...but who knows?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
OK, you can be cheap if that is what you want, or you can try my suggestion of the oil change. It is only one oil change and only a few dollars more than 15W40 oil. Go to Wal Mart and get a couple of gallons (4) of Rotella T 5W40 in gallon jugs. This will most likely work, since the other things have not. Try it.

Dave :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14