Round trip on BD with new tank

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
All I can say is it's SWEEEEEEEEET!
Made the trip from Omaha to Minneapolis and back trouble free.
Ride up, 100% BD, ride back about 70%.
Truck runs so much better on BD.
The tank worked flawlessly. And filling with the through the shell filler was a snap.
Glad I did it!
Man fuel prices are getting nuts!!!!!! I am glad to be ahead of the curve with the aux tank and BD.
Rick H...

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
lukecline said:
any change in fuel mileage while on bio?

Oh yeah 100th post!!!!!

Do not know, did not check it. Some say yes, but I will have to check it for myself. So much wind up here in the Prairies, hard to compare to anywhere else.
Also, still have to experiment with the aux tank to understand where the gauge reads. the float is adjustable and when I installed it, I do not move it, it looked good to me.
One thing for sure, idling on BD there is no rmp flucuation. idling on Petrol, there IS. not sure why this would be but I took note of it specifically.
Rick H...

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
Glad to hear you had such a positive expirerience with Bio:sweet ...I would really like to get my truck on the stuff I just lack the funds to plunk down and getting setup right now...:oops: Let us know what you find mileage wise..im very interested!!!
:thumbs
-Casey

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Well I did some math, looks like the MPG were up! around 16. Last year on trip to CO, we were at 14.5 but that was loaded I suppose. But on this trip I was carring 800# + of BD in the aux tank. I know at 73.4 mpg the rpms are 2,400. Dang 4.10 gears!
Going to have to check it real close now. That would be great to have an increase in MPG and run better on BD.
Rick H...

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
seems that the obs trucks get better mileage with 4:10's then the ones with3:55's just my opinon though. What type of processor do you have rick?

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
mileage

MUDWHISTLE said:
seems that the obs trucks get better mileage with 4:10's then the ones with3:55's just my opinon though. What type of processor do you have rick?

When I first got the ride used, I took a 700 or 800 mile roundtrip, with some town driving while there, and averaged 21.something.

No way I could get it now, truck just doesn't get mileage like it used to and I can't keep my foot out of it since I've done a few mods....just wait till I get some injectors... Mileage will probably be under 10 then, I love power, if its there I use it more....

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
MUDWHISTLE said:

Processor meaning to convert WVO to BD? Home made.
ricksappleseed.htm

If photo dont work, click here http://www.omahametropsd.org/ricksappleseed.htm
Rick H...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14