Royal Purple 15w40?

atk

Reaction score
has anybody used this oil in the winter months and what was your results?

any info would be great....thanx

i would try the 5w40, but have to wait 3 weeks for it and i need to change my oil now....

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I ran it twice, didn't see where it was worth the $. Shell Rotella 5-40 probably isn't as good, but its affordable, easy to find, and really makes a difference when its cold out. Just my .02. I'm sure there are those that swear by it.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
alex,

i am running ams 15/40 syn. i honestly think it froze up a little last weekend... other than that don't see any other +/-

atk

Reaction score
i can get a good deal on the R/P, almost same price what i pay for 5w40 Rotella....BUT, i did find out that, the big Q(quaker state) are the ones that make rotella...my sources might be wrong, but i won`t be using rotella till i find out for sure...i know some of you guys swear by it, but i have seen insides of motors that only have used quaker state...i will not use their products anymore...but this is my opinion...

if anybody can shed some light on this, that would be great....

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run RP in my truck and love it. Could be just me. I run 15k on every oil change with RP. Will the mileage I drive I save money with the syn then just the regular Rotella. Just my opinion.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I gotta be getting old. I wouldn't have the nerve to run any of the current oil offerings for 15k.

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rp versus amsoil

i know several friends of mine ran the rp and didn't have any luck with it. me being a amsoil dealer for over 18 years and i know what ams oil can due for u. it maintains its tbn alot longer, have more additives it to help hold down the wear and am on line with amsoil web site pretty much everyday. i use it in my riding lawn mower, thats right, u heard me right, in my 1993 honda goldwing, my wifes 1994 mercury villager which i have use in it since i bought the mini van with 70,000 miles on it which i have now in excess of 240,000 miles. had a mechanic do a compression ck on it, and all cylinders were within 3-5 pds of one another,:sweet also in my 2001 f-350, 7.3 from front to back. after installing it in my f-350 which i have over 205,000 miles on, i got a little bit better than 2.25 mpg out of it.:dunno. for me there is no better oil out there and i've never had any trouble out of it.:sweet go to amsoil web site and ck out all of the tests that was conducted, tbs, 4-ball wear, viscocity and the noack test and u will see why i like it so much. good luck;tu

hpprose

Sponsor
Reaction score
I run RP in my truck and love it. Could be just me. I run 15k on every oil change with RP. Will the mileage I drive I save money with the syn then just the regular Rotella. Just my opinion.

Diddo. All I run is Royal Purple. When we tore into my engine to upgrade the heads and stuff, everything looked brand new. So, I know it is protecting well. I also, saw a big increase in mpg. I couldn't recomend it enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58