royal purple sychromax in ZF-5?

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
hey guys. my truck is starting to have a ton of expensive problems going on within the past few weeks. to start with the rear oil seal on the transmission went out.. no big deal. fixed the seal and refilled the trans with royal purple sycromax.. only put in 2 qts. though and it was full. truck only lost 2 qts so it's half full of sychromax and half full of amsoil synthetic atf now. a few days ago my transmission started getting harder to put into gear from a stop and doesn't like going into reverse from a past girlfriend who ground reverse when trying to downshift from 5th to 4th. it almost acts like the clutch is messing up, but the truck just got a new clutch and brake petal bracket, clutch master and slave cylinder, new kevlar/ceramic clutch from valair, pressure plate, pilot bearing, and throwout bearing put in it. when your moving its easier to put into gear, but every now and then it won't go into 5th smoothly. could this be from using the royal purple synchromax? i have always hear to use synthetic atf. my dad got me synchromax b/c i was in a bad spot and couldn't afford the fluid to put in it so i had to put it in and just haven't been able to drain it and refill it with royal purple synthetic atf.

sorry for the long post btw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58