RPO - where are they

DieselChick

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Where can I find the RPO codes that tell what the truck originally came with. On the truck and then the code explaination :dunno :cowboy:

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im assuming you mean the Manufacturers sticker with all the VIN codes, and axle codes and whatnot?

Its located on the drivers door B-pillar post. Here is mine (with some details blanked out that no one really needs to know)
idplate.jpg

Now, I dont have a site off the top of my head to decode the vin, but do a google search for ford VIN decoder and other pages have them.

DieselChick

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
In my 95 Chevy truck we have RPO codes that located in the glove box. It states what options the truck had put in it. Example would be GVW, cruise control, gear ratio, transmission, a/c, towing package, transmission cooler etc.

:confused: Does ford have something like this also - I am trying to find out for a friend of mine.
:cowboy:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
You would find the info you are looking for inside the drivers door, the tag should look like the one Daryl has pictured above.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh, No, Ford does not have a system like that that lists ALL the options. The MFG tag that I show a pic of above is the closest we have.

It indicates the front and rear spring types, brake system, airbag system, interior and exterior color codes, GVW and tire pressure.

The codes you are referring to ford DOES have, but its usually only listed on the original bill of sale. Ford calls them "Packages". Such as a towing package, Lariat package, etc etc. They have codes associated with those names, but again, only listed on the original bill of sale. At least, I have never seen them listed anywhere else.

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
Ford has VCIS info as opposed to RPO. Going back to 96 there isn't a whole lot of options displayed you have to get past 99.5 before it will list much. Only place I have ever seen this info available is from an Electronic Parts Catalog or Fords Online system called DOESII. Or on HVBOM also on Fords Online system after 01 model year.

DieselChick

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
His truck is a 99 and we are trying to figure out what the gear ratio is and just some additional information. That is why I was hoping to find out where these codes are then find the decoder site.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Singel Rear Wheel is 3.73, Dual Rear Wheel is 4.10. There should also be a tag on the bolts on the rear differential cover.

Scott

DmaxEter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sagebel said:
Singel Rear Wheel is 3.73, Dual Rear Wheel is 4.10. There should also be a tag on the bolts on the rear differential cover.

Scott
My dually is a 3.73 :dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58