Rubber floor and floormats?

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firgive me if this is the wrong place, Im new. Anyhow, Ive just bought an 06 F250 XLT. Its got rubber floor covering. How in the heck do you guys keep your floor mats from just sloshing all around on the floor? Ive thought about some velcro, Hot glue, double sided tape, but not sure if it will hold, Im a pretty big guy. Any suggestions?

Scott

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
sounds like velcro would be a good idea...? i think the trick is to prep both surfaces properly for good adhesion. rubbing alcohol would probably do just fine.

i think you would regret doing something semi-permanent like glue, but if you really wanted to "shoe-glu" would work great, or atv motorcycle "grip glue".

this caught my eye because soon i will be tossing my carpet for a rubber floor.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
When there is carpet we put rubber mats, Well I just leave the rubber mat without anything on it, sure is easier to clean. I use the air hose often.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the husky liners form fitting floormats in my 03 with a rubber mat and they stay in place just fine! Not to mention catch all the grit n grim off my boots and hold it in the catchr pot on the side of the mat.

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I took a razor blade and shaved all the tits off the floor mat, then cleaned them and the floor with acrysol, and applied some wide good quality velcro. Lasted a few days, and came loose. Yesterday on my way to work, I floored it to pass a car in the interstate and the matt got HUNG ON THE GAS PEDAL! I nearly rearended a tractor trailer, had to kick truck into neutral, and kick the **** out of the floor mat to get it to release. I threw the mat in the bed when I got to work. Gotta come up with something else.

Batcycle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Scott, I've got the same problem as you with stock Ford floormats. Even tried cutting off all of the tits and using velcro with the same results. I'll be watching this one to see if anyone has the cure.

Jeff

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
A Buddy of Mine has a Tundra with the Vinyl Floor and some Rubber Harley Davidson Floor Mats. The Heavy rubber construction dont bunch up and the rubber really stays put on the Vinyl. I could see factory floor mats all over the place with this same floor.

I plan on installing a Black Vinyl Floor in My F250 and gonna be buying some of those soft rubber Harley Davidson Floor Mats.

PHX F250

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58