running ag diesel

jpxj94

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Last year after hurricane rita came through here and there was a fuel shortage A Citgo gas station was pumping red dye diesel into our tanks and didn't tell us. I only noticed it because I always top off and the foam was pink. I told the guy in the fuel delivery truck about it and he said they allowed it since there was a shortage but this was the only station I every got the red diesel from everybody else was normal.

jd87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
You can say what ever you want at your defense trial. it is your dollar. I have very little doubt that the person dipping your tank could care less your reason. He's likely heard it all before. So in all probablility you WILL be prosecuted and given the opportunity to defend yourself in court, at your expense. So even if you do win, you will still loose that money. Probably cheaper to run the LEGAL stuff. Just my opinion though. :cowboy:

in all probability 15 years of running nothing but(except if we're out of town and need to fill up. i've never bought on road in this town) and never getting caught says otherwise. the main factor is where you live. some places they care, most places they don't. don't be afraid oregonians. not as many diesel nazis going bump in the night as you might think.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jpxj94 said:
Last year after hurricane rita came through here and there was a fuel shortage A Citgo gas station was pumping red dye diesel into our tanks and didn't tell us. I only noticed it because I always top off and the foam was pink. I told the guy in the fuel delivery truck about it and he said they allowed it since there was a shortage but this was the only station I every got the red diesel from everybody else was normal.

the IRS did provide "penalty relief" for dyed fuel from
the hurricanes last year....you were allowed to run
ag/dyed diesel because of some of the fuel shortages...

you were NOT exempt from paying the taxes if you bought
off road/ag/dyed diesel...

IRS PRESS RELEASE LINK: IRS Extends Diesel Fuel Penalty Relief Due to Hurricane Katrina

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
jd87 said:
in all probability 15 years of running nothing but(except if we're out of town and need to fill up. i've never bought on road in this town) and never getting caught says otherwise.

All that says is you've never been caught, my statement stands. Feel free not to pay income tax also if you like. You might not get caught there either.:dunno

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
jd87 said:
in all probability 15 years of running nothing but(except if we're out of town and need to fill up. i've never bought on road in this town) and never getting caught says otherwise. the main factor is where you live. some places they care, most places they don't. don't be afraid oregonians. not as many diesel nazis going bump in the night as you might think.
So you've been using Oregon's roads for 15 years and not paying for your part to maintain them like every other citizen of oregon is doing? You're a jerk.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
So you've been using Oregon's roads for 15 years and not paying for your part to maintain them like every other citizen of oregon is doing? You're a jerk.
Looking at the truck in his avatar.... maybe karma is at work?

jd87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didn't wreck that truck. bought a rebuilder since i can't afford a new one(also the reason i used to run offroad for so long). have you seen oregon's roads? they don't need any help. they repave a lot, and in a lot of places, they waste money by paving roads that don't need it. if there wasn't so much waste of our tax dollar i might feel bad. i'm not the only one. not all that uncommon to run offroad. how many people who run veg oil pay road tax like they're "supposed to".

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
jd87 said:
i didn't wreck that truck. bought a rebuilder since i can't afford a new one
Glad to hear that you weren't on board when it happened. From the looks of that truck, whatever happened to it was NOT FUN.

have you seen oregon's roads? they don't need any help. they repave a lot, and in a lot of places, they waste money by paving roads that don't need it. if there wasn't so much waste of our tax dollar i might feel bad.
Whatever you have to tell yourself to get through the day, I guess. If governmental waste was a valid excuse to not pay taxes, then I think we would all like to opt out. But it is not, and so most of us pay up because that is what you are supposed to do when you use something. PAY for it.

If you see waste happening in your state government, write your local representative and make sure you vote accordingly in November.

i'm not the only one. not all that uncommon to run offroad.
I'm sure your parents told you many times as a kid that just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean it is right... blah blah blah. You know the story. If everyone justified bad actions based on the fact that someone else got away with it, I think we would be in pretty sad shape right now.
how many people who run veg oil pay road tax like they're "supposed to".
Well, right now, most areas have an "up to x gallons a year tax deferred" setup for personal use. Cannot remember right off my head how much, etc, but it is basically an incentive to run alternative fuels, as an offset to the amount of time and effort it takes to "refine" veg oil and biodiesel into useable fuel. So, for the most part, they're legal.

However, once over that amount, you have a valid point. But again, I don't think that just because someone else is doing it that it is okay.

Speeding is illegal, too. i've been known to speed occasionally... no one's perfect, but I still think you're kind of a jerk making everyone else foot the bill for you. Maybe you don't see it that way :dunno

Oh, BTW, post pics as you go about fixing that truck up. I'd be interested to see the progress... :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14