Running an auxillary fuse box of the batt. ?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting/thinking about running a fuse box off a/both batteries for future hook-ups and the ones I got now (800W inverter, gauges, aux back up lights....all on in cab toggel switches). I dont like have everything on a seperate wire coming off the battery. So I was wondering if it would be ok to run a fuse box off the batt's? And would you fuse the wire between the batt's and fuse box...how big of a wire?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering if it would be ok to run a fuse box off the batt's? And would you fuse the wire between the batt's and fuse box...how big of a wire?

Yep..

I ran a 10 gauge wire from the hot side of the Batt solinoid, to a 6 fuse capable block.. mounted on the pass side inter-fender. then pulled wire from there to wherever.

I use Breakers, insted of Fuses though. :dunno

Go to WiringProducts.com For info.. or a source, for what you need ?

Joe

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep..

I ran a 10 gauge wire from the hot side of the Batt solinoid, to a 6 fuse capable block.. mounted on the pass side inter-fender. then pulled wire from there to wherever.

I use Breakers, insted of Fuses though. :dunno

Go to WiringProducts.com For info.. or a source, for what you need ?

Joe

AWESOME!!!! Thanks Joe;tu

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much can you run off a 10gauge wire?? Thats what I got my 800W inverter on....but its never ran anything bigger than a cell phone or laptop. I got it on a 20 or 25 amp (whatever the toggle switches are rated at:dunno) in-line fuse. And did you fuse the 10 gauge wire?

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much can you run off a 10gauge wire?? Thats what I got my 800W inverter on....but its never ran anything bigger than a cell phone or laptop. I got it on a 20 or 25 amp (whatever the toggle switches are rated at:dunno) in-line fuse. And did you fuse the 10 gauge wire?

My service wire from the soliniod to the add on fuse block is on a 40 amp, re-setable breaker. Beyond that...Yul need to know, and comply with, the recommended amp fuse... for whatever yer individually powering up ?.... to be safe ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58