Running Ds on the EXC

E99F250SD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is anyone out there running load range D tires on their Exc? I was just out cleaning up after putting new wheels and tires on the 00 Exc when I noticed that the tires that they just mounted were Ds and not Es. I ordered Es and will see what my options are from the tire store that I went through, but am wondering if I really have anything to worry about. I have a buddy that tried runing Cs on a 2500 Surbaban and had problems.

The Exc is a 7.3 4X4 that sees mild off roading but is mostly highway.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I ran D's on two of my trucks for years and never had a failure. E's are the rage now, and I now run E's. You will be OK.

Dave

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had/have Ds on my cc lb, no problems. I haul a bit of weight with it and I haven't had any issues. Just got a new set of BFG at's load range d.

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

E99F250SD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Did some looking around yesterday and THINK I discovered that the BFG AT in 295X75X16 does not come in E and is only available in a D. The 285 comes in an E but I have found no one that sells the 295 with an E rating in that tire.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D's will be fine I'm running D's on my truck now and have no problem, E's would be nice but few mfg's make them in the larger sizes. you loose a bit of sidewall stiffness and tire capacity but you have more tire capacity than you do axle or GVW capacity.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I have been running Michelin LTX load range D's for several years now with no issues, the latest LTX's now come in E range which will be the next set when that day arrives :sweet

E99F250SD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have pretty much resolved the fact that I will be on Ds until next tire change out. Pretty much comes down to not enough home work and relying on other folks "experience" to drive a buying decision... :doh: Any heavy towing will have to be done by the 250 (who wants to tear up an Excursion hauling tractors around anyway - right??). I really have not noticed much difference in the ride on the Ds over the Es and the load capacity is not that much different than the Es so I figure I can haul the YJ about but the 1050 is out with this truck.

Looks like to get back in Es and stay on the BFGs I have to drop down to 285 or go up again to the 305 so will put my pennies together and try to go up to the 305s as soon as possible. Maybe I can work a trade or sell the 295s.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58