runs great cold, doesn't like RPM warm

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
when my engine is warm and i floor it then it doesn't like to go over 3000 rpms. once it gets to about 3000 rpm it falls flat on it's face, but cold it will run to however many rpm's i want it to!!! also i did this last night, i took it up over 3000 rpm being easy on the pedal and it went up to 3500 rpms with no problems. So it is only doing this when its warm and floor boarded. any ideas?

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
could this possibly be related to the new fuel system? Let us know what you figure out. I plan to go to an electric fuel but not if it has side effects like this.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you throw any CELs or is it just acting like there is no power?

My first suspect would be that the nut on the back of the IPR has backed off. How old is your oil?

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
did this before and after the fuel system, but i just noticed yesterday that in the "smoke" program it runs smooth as high as i want to run the RPMs(tested to 3800 rpm). in any other program once it gets to 3000 it just falls on it's face. the oil is good and the fuel filter is new. i will check the nut on the ipr. i also notice it will run as many rpm as i want smoothly in all the programs if i'm easy on the throttle. at full throttle or close to it is the only time it does it.

No CEL or anything...

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the more you describe it the more it leans toward an HP oil problem either ICP sensor is acting up or IPR is needing rebuild or nut is loose.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
still haven't had time to check it all out, but now that we are done with Dyno Day i can check it all out and start my Project F-150. haha. ran good on the Dyno all the way to 3700 rpm, but the engine was only about half way warmed up.. i will check out the ipr and swap out the ICP sensor. wouldn't doubt if the ICP sensor is bad.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
figured it all out!!!!!! put in a High Pressure Oil Crossover Line and it screams all the way to about 3800 rpm now!! haha. runs A LOT better now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58