Rusty Filler Neck

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
When gravity feeding from my bed tank I opened the fill cap to see if it was close to topped off. I found rust in the filler neck.:confused: How the heck could it rust in there? I haven't pumped anything through it since the bed tank was filled, just opened the valve when it got to around half tank. Only done that twice before today.:dunno We have had some rain recently and I've washed the truck a couple times. Is it possible for water to get in there if I have a bad cap even with the door close.

BTW I did hear pressure release when I opened it.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Simple condensation would be my guess Antonio.

give that man a dollar :D

water vapor has to go somewhere, put a light coat of petrolatum around the neck rust and you should be fine,
your bio is carrying more water vapor than the #2 fuel, so as everything cools and warms, the condensation settles up there and causes the red oxide to develope.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
:doh: I didn't think about that. I had just gotten done doing yardwork and was pretty beat. I guess I worry too much.

WD40 oughta do the trick right?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
wd40
only in a pinch, it will wash off very quick if fuel gets on it.
use a good CRC spray like boe-shield or acf-50,
or take a dab of good old grease and wipe it around the neck with a rag, to leave a nice thin coat, not to much jsut a dab will do, or use some #2 fuel it leaves a nice residue and is completely compatible with your current fuel...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58