RV sat dish?

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
rvassar said:
I haven't got around to putting together a receiver dish for my trailer yet. (Yep JV I lied to you... :sorry )

I'm going to throw one of my receivers in the rig before I leave, and I figure I'll find a dish somewhere along the way if I get desperate for non-OTA TV. Provided I don't find one on the side of the road somewhere on I-40... They're actually amusingly common road debris... There's a ham radio flea market out in Livermore, Ca where I can usually pick up stuff like this on the cheap. I'll be prowling for an old DirecHDTV receiver while I'm out there anyway. ;)

But I've never had to align a dish. I helped mhardin fail at it once (too many trees) several months back, but haven't had the pleasure myself yet. I've been assuming it's something a geologist/amateur telescope maker/astronomer/computer geek can figure out in short order. Does anyone have a list of Longitude/RA's for DirecTV?

Aiming the dish is not as much of a problem as being able to move your dish around for best sat view. I made THIS SAT BASE in order to get the tripod level. Now, if I need to, I can put the whole shebang up on the roof without the possibility of tearing up the roof. Works very well on ground that is not even close to level.

rvassar

Refugee from California
Reaction score
Seeking Political Assylum in Central Texas!
Puddle Pirate said:
Aiming the dish is not as much of a problem as being able to move your dish around for best sat view. I made THIS SAT BASE in order to get the tripod level. Now, if I need to, I can put the whole shebang up on the roof without the possibility of tearing up the roof. Works very well on ground that is not even close to level.

Chief, that is a nice piece of work. :thumbs

Almost exactly what I was thinking of, but I was going to use PVC.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Puddle Pirate said:
Indeed excellent work! :sweet

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58