Safe Temps

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Hey,

Just added a PMT to my truck mostly for the fuel economy but I didn't think it would pick the truck up as much as it has. Anyways what are safe EGT, Trans and Coolant temps to use for defueling? I mean what is considered "Safe" and what is starting to get in to trouble? Also what is a resonable amount of boost to not put TOO much stress on the engine?

Cheers
Jeff

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
EGTs are 1250 deg. Ferenheit. For auto trannies, 200 deg. Ferenheit is the safe point. I think for coolant, it's around 220 deg. ferenheit is the limit. Not too sure on that, but the trans and EGTs I'm sure of. Boost for the 6.0, I'm not sure, I want to say about 35-40 psi. I could be way out of the ball park on the boost psi, but I'm not too sure on that. Hope this helps a little.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The boost figures are a little high for the 6.0. Somewhere around 30 pounds should be about what you will get out of the 6.0. I think 230 degrees for the water is about right. That is a upper limit. Please remember that aluminum melts at 1250 degrees F, so don't run your truck over 1250.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14