Safety Belt Light Help!!!!

jflaig

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been having a problem with the safety belt light on my dash and need to get my truck inspected in NY this weekend. I light and audible tone turns on every time I start the truck and goes off after a long time, usually about 5 mins or so. Is this a code? Will I pass inspection? Is there something else that could be causing it? Please, any information is usable. I need to fix this asap! If you need more information please let me know. Thank you.

Joe

P.S. My truck is a 2000 7.3 manual

jflaig

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
rammertide07,

Thank you for that information. Unfortunately I am currently in Michigan for college and will be returning to get it inspected this weekend as it is already over due. This problem started about a week ago and I need to fix it soon. Do you think that someplace like autozone or advance would be able to pull a code if there is one? Thanks.

Joe

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
rammertide07,

Thank you for that information. Unfortunately I am currently in Michigan for college and will be returning to get it inspected this weekend as it is already over due. This problem started about a week ago and I need to fix it soon. Do you think that someplace like autozone or advance would be able to pull a code if there is one? Thanks.

Joe

where at?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Look under the seats for any disconnected wire harnesses. They can come loose when you shove junk under the seat. Just slide the seat all the way forward to get a good look.

Dave

sikodiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would look under the driver seat to inspect the wires/connectors for chafing or not connected, if the look ok Its most likely the seat belt buckle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg