Safety Recall Notice

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I just received a safety recall notice in the mail. Thought I would post it up for guys that don't get one. This recall was announced several years ago for : 1994-2002 Ford F-150s, 1997-2002 Ford Expeditions, 1998-2002 Lincoln Navigators and 1994-1996 Ford Broncos but Ford just added 4.5 million older model vehicles including F250, F350 and Explorers.

Ford has found that brake fluid may leak through the speed control deactivation switch into the speed control system electrical components, potentially corroding them. In rare cases, the corrosion in the electrical components can lead to increasing resistance and higher electrical current flow through the system. Together, these conditions could lead to overheating and, possibly, a fire at the switch.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats covers it for the 99'-up guys :sweet

Related ?

My latest recall on this switch was a Recall on a Recall. 'bout 4-5 years ago, i had taken my 2K in for the same thing. At that time, they installed a replacement wire connector thingy with the fusible link in it. This time it was an re-inspection of the switch and the connector... for any leakage.

My Ford garage said there's several recall notices out there, for many different model years.. for different levels of inspection and/or repair... about this disconnect switch.. by VIN. CC or No CC.. the switch is suspect.. for leaking brake fluid. My latest recall notice said:

By VIN, CC or no CC, if you get a Recall notice..bring it in.

I'm think'n the NTSB folks are "Bird Dog'n" Ford on certain brake switches ? :dunno

Joe

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crumm thanks for reminding me to go out there and unplug mine since I pulled the truck in the garage.

The diesel trucks are wired in a manner that this switch is not under constant power like the ones were in the gas burners. So the risk of fire is not present for a vehicle that does not have the ignition turned on. But the fire risk is present when you are driving the truck down the highway regardless of if you have cruise or not.

To the guys without cruise control this impacts you too many trucks without the buttons on the dash still had the interrupt switch screwed into the master cylinder.

goldhilljoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
recall

Just did the recall thingie and it was painless at Crater Lake Ford. Recall took a little over 2 hours and gave me a chance to look at the new $45,000- $50,000 trucks. After the initial sticker shock the OBS truck was even more appealing to me . The technoweenie was puzzled by the aux tranny though. Didn`t know what it was-damn kids anyhow:dunno

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I need to go do my cps recall. If I understand this one, I need it too?

edit - well that was kind of cool. I just went to the Ford site and entered my vin and got the list of recalls. I was then able to schedule an appointment for tomorrow morning to drop it off to get done without having to call the dealer.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58