sagging leaf spring

chuck416ex

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my boss noticed my truck is sitting about a inch and ahalf low on the pass. side. took it to shop to have front end checked out, found nothing wrong. the tire guy said it looks like the pass leaf spring has lost some arch??i know factory springs will sag out, but 6" lift springs (superlift soft ride)i know nothing lasts forever,it was a used lift,but its not like i jump my trk or nutten like that.so now i need to get new springs in the front.so do i go back with 6" springs, or should i put a new 4" lift & run 35's???any body got pics of a 6" lift running 35's?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could have them rearched. I did the front of a 12k pound isuzu NPR truck and it's been 3 years now with no problems.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I re-arched my F150 but also added a leaf to each side too. Was like new...

Alarkin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Concerning the sag.

I am interested if you found out if it was the spring or not because i have the same problem on my pass side but i have been through 2 sets of springs and many hours of troubleshooting with no luck! thank you!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I am interested if you found out if it was the spring or not because i have the same problem on my pass side but i have been through 2 sets of springs and many hours of troubleshooting with no luck! thank you!

truck got a Detroit Lean to it?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm.. you can tell by the number of Veiws on this thread.. this Sagging/Detriot Lean thing must not be that uncommon ??

My 2k, 2WD with coil springs, has allwayz seemed to be a touch low on the passenger side, front. since new.......

Wasup with that.. anyone know ??

:dunno

Last edited:

Alarkin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
check the rear ride heights?

rear is 3/4'' low on passenger side but i figured it was due to the front sag. If i put a load in the bed it will sag 6" lower on passenger side rear (with a ton of weight)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58