Sagging rear end

shroomy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hiall new to the forum, seems like a nice source of info so here are a few questions i have . I just swapped my tricked out 03 350 w/ 150k miles for a stock 06 250 fx4 w/ 30k miles and am beginning the process of fixing it up. the prev. owner has put a leveling kit on it but the rear end is sagging. with nothing in it it apears that the back end needs to come up 2". Overall the truck is 2-3" lower than my 03. Is this a 250/350 thing? is there any way to raise the rear end with new shocks, or an ad a leaf? I would like to stiffen the rear because 2 weeks in i have already loaded it down to where it looks ridiculous. on my 03 i souped the engine, and added accessories but never did anything with the suspension so i figure i'll get the suspension done first on this one? any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

shroomy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
One more thing, How difficult is it to install shocks, air bags, and/or ad a leaf? I am pretty handy, but have not done a lot of work on my trucks.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the rear blocks if thay are 1 7/8" thay are the stock 250 blocks. If so get a set of f350 blocks and U bolts thay are 3 3/4" and should fix you right up ;tu.

worshiprocker

Not a Rookie
Reaction score
I can second ckamp52 on that. I lifted my truck with replacement leaf springs all around with a friend, It was easy. You would be able to do it by yourself but I would recommend at least having someone around, thats a big truck to be falling on you!;)we also have done an on board air system for airbags on his '06 superduty, they for the most part just bolt in place. and if you want a level ride all the time that imho would be you best bet, so you can level out once your loaded

WhiteWheelin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ya put an add a leaf in there i did in in my truck and it made a world of difference it sits up level now and when u put weight in the back it doesnt drop at all really with the extra leaf. you will like they way it fixes the problem and its a cheap fix also. i think for a leaf each side and a new centre bolt was 110$

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a link for Air Bags.
Truckspring.com
They should have anything you need.

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed you will want to swap teh stock 2" blocks for a set of 4" f350 ones and ubolts.

shroomy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, I just ordered some blocks & u bolts. we'll see if this fixes things up. I think I'll ad some air bags, I towed my 5th wheel last weekend and it weighs the back down a lot. would new shocks help this at all?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58