Said goodbye to Mrs TG's father today.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
We attended the funeral of my wife's father today. He passed away last Sunday night, living for, as he put it, ninety damned four years.

Obituary for Frank Moran

Prior to the church ceremony, A VFW honor guard rendered a final salute to my father-in-law which I participated in.

After the church ceremony was finished, military honors were rendered. A VFW honor guard was present, a bugler for Taps was provided, a 5 gun "21 gun salute" and a flag ceremony by 2 active duty USAF NCO's was conducted.

I had a bit of trouble holding the tears back. I felt sort of a special bond to my FIL. He started in the Army Air Corps as a B-17 mechanic and later became a waist gunner. I started out in the USAF as a B-52 mechanic/crew chief and later became a tail gunner. 25 years ago, we both underwent knee surgeries within a week of each other. He told me stories of his WWII experiences that he never told his own son.

I would have liked to known him longer, but at "ninety damned four years" the old body just gave out.

Farewell Sgt Moran. :usa

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TG, sorry to hear about your FIL. I've lost both of my FILs, one at the rip old age of 49 and the other at 56. Regardless of how long you've known them, it's never long enough and it's always hard to let them go. Please extend my sympathies to Mrs. TG. It's really hard at the Christmas season.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to read about the passing of your father-in-law. I would have said I can see where you get your fix-it talents from, but wrong side of the family. RIP

Dave

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss Mr. & Mrs. TG. He sounds like a person that
you could be proud to call a friend. I never had a FIL, Carolyn's dad
died when she was 3. Hard to say goodby to a loved one this time of the year.
Doug & Carolyn

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TG, sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I lost mine almost 32 years ago at age 46 within 12 days of turning 47). Sad part is that he didn't get to see his two grandsons grow up and also meet his two great grandchildren. He was a hard worker and taught me things that I didn't learn from my own dad.

Your father-in-law was a great man and did his part (as you and others did) to keep this country free.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Again, my condolences to the families, Kent.

We bury my Dad tomorrow..
he won't get a 21 gun salute, but he will get a flag ceremony and Taps..

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Sounded like an awesome guy, especially the stories of his war time duties. My gpa was in WWII and never talked about all that happened. He shot the big howitzer guns. A good family friend of ours who just retired from the air force actually got him to tell his war stories. I salute you and your father in law for your services to this great country! Thank you! Best wishes to you and your family.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss

prayers for you and your family

good to hear you had a great relationship with your fil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg