salesman says i should

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
latest:
got a phone call from P.R.T. (primary response team) -whatever - based in Florida, his first ?? was 'i understand you went to an independant dealer". i was lost for a moment, i said "NO" just went to 2 other dealers than my sellilng dealer. he said 'good' cause we would not be able to give you a fair assessment then. what does that mean? he then said he was going to call the dealer and possibly get back to me within 2-5 days.:dunno

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
um
independent dealer.....??
not since the 50's and 60's has FORD owned any dealerships...probably not even that recent
almost all , well all are now independtly owned, just like a burger king or mc donalds, they are francised out, so to speak. "authorized" is the key word.
"peddlers of wares"
call em every day and check,

good luck , keep us posted

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
no, his exact words were 'independent', which i took to mean someone other than fomoco. he's got 2 days left before i call him;)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
red 6 0-no said:
no, his exact words were 'independent', which i took to mean someone other than fomoco. he's got 2 days left before i call him;)
did you take it to a place not fomoco authorized???? you are not required to vist your selling dealer, that "independent " word is odd
i hope this works for you and you can spring for new ride :sweet

salesmen, realtors, lead salesmen and laywers (sorry tex atty) really can only be counted on for the truth when their lips are sewed shut.:eek:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
no i clarified for him that i went to 2 other ford dealers: one of them was just out of convienece (sp) and the other was cuz the other one did not fix the problem when they told me it would be fixed (among some other lies) - go figure.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
this is getting very weird

sounds like each arm cant see its hand.

my friend hopefully they call back with good news, maybe they got concerned about visting other dealers, could be bad blood or something with that dealer with coporate,
numerous warranty claims of a bogus nature filed by them on behalf of other folks for work not done.?:dunno

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
well, like i said in a past post, once i told him it just was at 2 other ford dealerships, his tone of voice changed, wiped the sweat off his forehead and said 'good' otherwise we could not give you a fair assessment.:dunno
i agree, it got me slightly confused, worried. hopefully, it will be good news. FYI, he also gave me a fax # so i could fax him my list of issues, concerns, etc. guess what the # was out of service.-mad

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
my salesmen (yes two) talked to the sev. mgr. and if i read between the lines in his conversation w/ me said here, call this 1 800 #. i got the impression they wanted no part of it. there reason was we want to stay out of it cuz FORD will look at it like they are just trying to give a guy a new truck just to sell another truck. don't know if i should buy that one or not.:dunno

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
red 6 0-no said:
my salesmen (yes two) talked to the sev. mgr. and if i read between the lines in his conversation w/ me said here, call this 1 800 #. i got the impression they wanted no part of it. there reason was we want to stay out of it cuz FORD will look at it like they are just trying to give a guy a new truck just to sell another truck. don't know if i should buy that one or not.:dunno

sounds very plausible, might go in your favor and get a great deal at a "non involved" dealer

and i love fax nubers that dont work
i give em out as primary numbers to folks whom i want no more words with , is that wrong :roflmao :roflmao :dunno

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
'plausible' i sure hope so with no $$ out of my pocket:thumbs
and i see now problem w/ your wrong number game, sounds good to me:roflmao :roflmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14