Saw this on the tube this morning

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you notice they mentioned that he only spent $5.00 for GAS? He's driving a diesel pickup? Heeere's your sign!!!!!!! Their explanation of the process makes it seem really simple, but I'm sure it takes awhile to get the oil to the correct viscosity.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool!

The part about running on "gas" is pretty funny. A really common news reporter error:D

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
JOAT said:
Thats pretty cool!

The part about running on "gas" is pretty funny. A really common news reporter error:D

I laughed at the "gas" part too! Any exposure is good though.:thumbs

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this too. I am down with saving money on fuel, but how long will that PSD last burning filtered WVO? From what I saw, he said that he filters the WVO, heats it up, and then it goes to the engine. Kind of sidesteps the whole homebrew thing!

fgtex

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
fgtex said:
I saw this too. I am down with saving money on fuel, but how long will that PSD last burning filtered WVO? From what I saw, he said that he filters the WVO, heats it up, and then it goes to the engine. Kind of sidesteps the whole homebrew thing!

fgtex

I have over 30,000 miles on WVO in mine. Some have around 100,000. If you start up and shut down on diesel, engines in good mechanical condition can go a long time. Biggest potential problem is long term injector coking. Second would be if you have a problem with fuel dilution of your engine oil (low compression, leaking injectors) there is potential for engine oil polymerization (thickening/gelling) or rings gumming stuck. These kind of problems are rare, and generally preventable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl