Scan resulst question

Tbone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I scanned my truck today i've had a miss in it it show code Cylinder 4 Injector circuit contribution/Balance Fault

Does this mean the Injector is toast and needs replaced?

Also the Fuel Pressure is 720 PSI at Idle and abut 2100 to 2500. high not WOT. is this good for 04 6.0 Diesel fuel rail.

and the FCIM main showed a code of 47

:dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It all looks good, except for #4 cylinder. You need an injector replaced/rebuilt. What was the code number(P-0***)?? The FICM number that you are showing should be in volts. I don't know any thing about FICM Codes (never heard of them). 47volts is good for the FICM.

Dave

Tbone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well the volt on the FICM was acually 13 to13.5 which is good

Im still learning the scanner it is auto enginutiy this is a computer base program it does a tremedous amout of dat i can turn Injectors on and off things like that its not for every one i'll look again tomorrow and see if show a number it usally interprits the code for you so all you have to do is read what it say the number p-o--- i'm thinking will say cylinder 4 injector circuit contribution/balance fault.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
We are speaking totally different languages here. The voltage on the FICM should be about 45 volts, inside the unit. I don't know the proceedure to measure it, so lets let that one go.

I have had Autoenginuity since before I owned my truck (2004). Did you get the FORD package for it? If not you are not using it properly. The base unit will not read any codes in any truck/car. You need to purchase the optional software for the truck you own, and more if you own a car. I have two packages; Ford and Toyota. Not cheap, but these trucks aren't cheap either. Do you have the Ford package for the AE unit? We will start there.

Dave :)

Tbone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes i bought the Ford package and yes i could be reading it wrong i read the whole book and am just learning the use of it.

Very in depth program and im not used to this computer age i Farmed my whole life and i rebuild anything pre-90's for the most part.

Last edited:

Tbone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok here is what i have a SPO3 auto engunity computer based software with OBD II
for all fords. not just one model i can ready any vehicle from 1999 to 2011's

Oh ya i did see a FICM reading of 47 so from what im seeing is that is a good voltage for the FCIM correct.

Last edited:

Tbone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just adding a pic of my old truck that is my V10 now working on new 04 crew cab

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
OK we are off to a good start. We will get it. Do you see any trouble codes when you scan your truck? What are the code number(s)? This computer stuff isn't too difficult once you get into it.

Dave ;tu

Tbone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok i see what you are talking about the number but when i scanned my truck it cleared the codes so i asume i have to drive it until they happens again then i can read them i saved the sesion but not sure where to find it yet. ok so i need a class on auto Eng. software lol im learning. Does this software down load updates to the vehicle my truck acts like it runs a lot better. I also read the stuff on the work truck its an 08 ford 6.4 and it seams like it runs better also and we were just hooking it up to look at stuff we did not change anything. anyway thanks for all the advice.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No the AE software does NOT download updates to your Ford Truck. The dealer charges for these, so it will never happen.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58