Scratches on windshield

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
I don't know what the guy before me did, but I have a bunch of little scratches on the passenger side of my windshield. It looks like he scrubbed it with a brillow pad or steel wool or something. :dunno

Is there anything I can rub that with or use to remove those scratches?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There is nothing that I know of that will help. A cousin of mine had a windshield repair business and he lasted two weeks trying to sell something that filled in the scratches. It didn't work well.

Dave

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i agree with Dave. a new windshield is about the only remedy. even with alot on interstate miles, mine have that dusted look, from all the fine road dirt and dust. nothing to do but put in a new one.

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
CRAPPER!!!! :cussing:

I am going to try and deal with it. Its not bad unless the sun is right on it. Plus.....its on the passenger side so I guess the passengers will just have to deal with it!

Thanks guys!!!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I was able to buff out scratches and some deep ones on a big 2' buffing wheel using some white chalky stuff(don't know the name) but the windshields were out of the vehicle;)

The link that Bush provided may do the trick long as the scratches don't catch your fingernail edge when dragging em across.

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Yeah.....they don't catch a fingernail.

Thanks Bush!! I will try one/both of those and see if they work.

Thanks!!!

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i worked at a ford dealer for a short time, and our detailer that shined up the trade ins had stuff, i swear it was baking soda although he said it wasnt, and it worked fantastic. he would sprinkle it on the glass, and a little on a damp 3" round sponge and just work it for about 30 minutes in circular motions.

this also might work, i havent tried it on glass but i do my plexiglass instrument cluster with any general polishing paste (fine), and it comes out almost invisible. might be worth a shot on regular glass, in a test area of course.:stir

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard that a product called "Barkeeper's Friend" does wonders on windshields but since I can't find a place to buy it, I can't vouch for its efficacy...

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I thought I saw posted somewhere that Bon-Ami the household cleaning powder can get minor glass scratches out.:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg