Scratches

2005superstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I recently moved to the city, and needless to say, i'm not used to it. i pulled in a parking garage the other day and was trapped... i didn't have enough clearance to get under the concrete!! i ended up scratching the roof on my truck before i could get out and was pretty pissed about it. i have a few scratches on the roof and need some help fixing it. the scratches don't go all the way through the paint, so will a good waxing be ok, or should i buy some paint to touch it up? well i still hate the city, but love my truck! thanks for any advice

Fine69

Reaction score
If you're sure its not thru the paint, try some 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. Works wonders on scuff's and door dings. I get it at Pepboys.

TurboDsl8

SDD Member
Reaction score
I have had really good luck w/Mcguires cleaner wax and a buffer on some pretty deep scratches. My neighbor accidentally ran the handle of his lawn mower along the driver door of his maroon Chev Trailblazer. I heard the scrape from my house. It was about 18 inches long and looked like it was all the way through the paint, but obviously not because 1/2 hr later some elbow grease it was gone. And he is very particular about his vehicles he said it worked phenominal and he thought it would never work.Just be careful not to push down too hard and burn the paint. Light buffing and patience works best. Good luck.

2005superstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies! does that stuff work with an electric buffer, or is something you hand buff? thanks again

TurboDsl8

SDD Member
Reaction score
It works with both, but you just have to be careful not to push too hard or stay in one spot too long with the elec. buffer or you could burn the paint. I usually start off and do about 75% of the major scratches with the buffer and hand rub out the rest once the majority of the deeper stuff is mostly gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg