SCT Custom Tune

karla06

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi all, My Brother does Custom Tuning on Powerstrokes via SCT Programing, I don't see alot of people using this programer on this site. I've ran all the major Tuners in my 05 and nothing compares to his Tunes. Just wondering what you guy's think of SCT?

Thanks,
Karla

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
I will be going with an SCT tune. I drop the truck off at the end of this month to get the work done :) I also use SCT on my mustang.

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
karla06 said:
Hi all, My Brother does Custom Tuning on Powerstrokes via SCT Programing, I don't see alot of people using this programer on this site. I've ran all the major Tuners in my 05 and nothing compares to his Tunes. Just wondering what you guy's think of SCT?

Thanks,
Karla

When you ran the DP-Tuner stuff did you get custom stuff or off the shelf?

karla06

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Everything was off the shelf. So he talked me into SCT,because he said you can't beat custom tuning. He owns a Duramax that he tuned with his EFI Live that runs 12's on fuel only. Stock turbo,injectors, and injector pump. I'ts also a crew-cab 4x4. He's not happy with my choice of Truck, but said it fit's a girl. I like it

Karla

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
karla06 said:
Everything was off the shelf. So he talked me into SCT,because he said you can't beat custom tuning. He owns a Duramax that he tuned with his EFI Live that runs 12's on fuel only. Stock turbo,injectors, and injector pump. I'ts also a crew-cab 4x4. He's not happy with my choice of Truck, but said it fit's a girl. I like it

Karla
So you have not had a custom tuned SCT from DP-Tuner?

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SCT Xcal 2 with custom tunes. Extreme Street, TC lock-up in 3rd,4th, and 5th, EGR turn off. Also lets me firm the shift points on the 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 shifts. Keith

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
karla06 said:
He owns a Duramax that he tuned with his EFI Live that runs 12's on fuel only. Stock turbo,injectors, and injector pump. I'ts also a crew-cab 4x4.

And some NOS i am sure! :rolleyes:

karla06

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ktpauley said:
I have the SCT Xcal 2 with custom tunes. Extreme Street, TC lock-up in 3rd,4th, and 5th, EGR turn off. Also lets me firm the shift points on the 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 shifts. Keith
See I was telling him to mess with my Trans. He said that it won't last and i'll be spending the $5 grand he did on a Trans. There is no Nitrous on his truck, He's messing around with a program for it though. That's all on fuel! I know i've driven it.

Karla