SCT livewire

06_KingRanch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok got a quick question gunna be picking up a livewire this weekend and i need to know if the xcal tunes will work on the livewire?? the reason i ask is bc i have a whole folder full of the xcal2 canned tunes, if not does anyone have a list of the livewire canned tunes??? the truck is a 2006 6.0l. also is there anything i need to be aware of when running the livewire??

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
just get it... "read strategy" of the truck... send it to eric at innovative and then upload the tunes he sends back and put them on the truck... i promise you won't be disappointed.. if you don't do it now you're gunna wish you did later....

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
what are canned tunes? jsut curious ive never heard that before and like stroke said get ya some custom tunes by someone i know innovative and elite are big i chose bill @ dfuser because i could go by his shop(roundrock,tx) and actually be there to see it done and so he would know my truck but the ones you see on here are good

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i've always heard "canned tunes" as being the pre-loaded tunes... but judging by the way it was used in the first post im not sure...

06_KingRanch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes I was referring to the pre loaded tunes. All I'm wanting the runner for is the added fuel mileage not really concerned with the added power the truck is not used for work

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
the livewire will come with 3 pre-loaded tunes... and if milage is what you want then tell eric that and he will set you up... when everyone on her talks about custom tunes being the best we aren't always meaning most hp or fastest or whatever it maybe... i like them because of the smoothness of the shifts and passing power.... but to answer your question I wouldn't think you could do that... but i also don't think you will have a livewire that doesn't have anything on it.. it should come with 3 tunes like the xcal2 had...

06_KingRanch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the xcal2 had no tunes on it i bought it used and got some tunes!!, also those of you running an egt probe with the livewire, are you running the sct probe or what are you running, i talked to a tech at sct and he said you can use any brand 0-5v egt probe you just have to enter the values/ volts for a particular temperature, have any of you done that and what results have you had in doing so?? also do you still have to have that black box or??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14