Sct Programmer

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for ya...

I looked at a website for the SCT unit, and they talk about doing mods and support for the 7.3, which is cool. What about the 6 oh? Also, can they get in there or me for that matter, and adjust things like the tow haul mode forced downshift for engine braking? What about activating the electric clutch for the engine fan?

I guess what I'd like to know is how much flexibility or how many variable can I mess with with this tuner, or is this simply a "chip" like device that only does set things?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
the guy i talked to in south florida . pretty much told me to tell him what i want for tow haul, mpg and the like and it would be done. so i am sure it is in the cards.
but that nagging warranty thing keeps surfacing

www.truckpulls.com

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
You have two choices, the SCT Strategy flash unit #9415 or a custom tuned unit. SCT X-Cal2 is the bad boy on the block for the 6.0 PSD. It will rock your world. With custom tuning, you have total control of the tuning, from engine braking, shift RPM, shift firmness/line pressures, convertor lock, EGR disable, and much more. The custom tune writer does all of this for you as he makes your files, you just load the files you talked with him about. The unit holds 3 performance files, and the one stock file.

The SCT X-Cal2 Strategy flash is a shelf tuner, but makes more power/tq than most. Its a great unit.

The SCT X-Cal 2, be it a strategy flash, or a custom unit is a VERY good tuner. It has many features that are very nice, and it makes awesome power and yet does not have a history of eating trannies....these are traits that are noteworthy. They are also a Ford only tuner, they are not muddied while trying to be a one size fits all product. They do what they know, and they know Ford.
http://www.sctflash.com/

www.truckpulls.com

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
Edge is a real nice part as well. Edge has a great product and a very low DOA rate. The customer support from both Edge and SCT are great. Edge has the attitude monitor, and that in and of itself is a sweet thing. You can do an edge juice with an attitude monitor for less than just about any tuner with gauges...so for the bang for the buck the Edge wins. Forgetting money, and just look at getting the biggest bang you can, and the Billit Speed custom tunes on the SCT X-Calibrator2 are the winner hands down. Its all in what you want. Personaly, I like the attitude monitor enough that for my daily ride I would most likely go with the Juice W/Attitude.....if there was no such thing as the Stewart Warner Chemeleon LED lighting system, but as it turns out I am running 2 SCT X-Cal2 units...one being a Strategy flash on a 7.3 and one being a custom with a tow/performance/Extreme Race file on a 6.0 psd. Both PSD's have Stewart Warner Maximum Performance guages with the Chemeleon LED system. Tough call.....give up the Chemeleon and go with an Attitude......or not...what would I do if I were doing it again today? I would probably stay with the Chemeleon system I suppose. Its just far to cool looking, adjustable, and unique to give up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58