SCT Tune Installed!!!!!

The Transporter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't tow with the insanity tune at all. I just run around the the insanity tune in when the trailer is off. I just have to ration the power with my foot.

As for fuel mileage. It's really hard to say. I reset the mileage on the highway and really didn't notice a difference between stock. Of course there are always other variables.

I will load the other tunes in and give them a try.

If it breaks it breaks Ford will fix it. I have a warranty :)

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it breaks it breaks Ford will fix it. I have a warranty :)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry bub, your warranty went down the crapper as soon as you uploaded those hotrod tunes. You might think that if you set things back to stock with the tuner then you're good at the dealer but that is absolutely wrong. There are parameters/sensor readings stored in the PCM that don't get erased when you restore stock settings which are a dead-on cluebird you had some sort of hotrod gizmo installed (max boost, max speed, etc...). If a service tech is sharp enough, they'll find those readings and since a stock-programmed truck won't exceed those settings, you'll have a hard time denying having modded the PCM. The exchange at the service counter will go something like this:

Service Tech: "If a stock PCM won't allow the truck to exceed 95 mph or boost over 30 lbs, how did yours go to 110 mph and 40 lbs if you've never chipped/reprogrammed the PCM?"

You: "Errrrr, uhhhh, magic?" :innocent :dunno

Service Manager: "Sorry, consider your engine/drivetrain warranty null and void. Try opening the manual or, for a real suprise, actually READING the Magnusson-Moss Act before you try suing FoMoCo."

Last edited:

The Transporter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry bub, your warranty went down the crapper as soon as you uploaded those hotrod tunes. You might think that if you set things back to stock with the tuner then you're good at the dealer but that is absolutely wrong. There are parameters/sensor readings stored in the PCM that don't get erased when you restore stock settings which are a dead-on cluebird you had some sort of hotrod gizmo installed (max boost, max speed, etc...). If a service tech is sharp enough, they'll find those readings and since a stock-programmed truck won't exceed those settings, you'll have a hard time denying having modded the PCM. The exchange at the service counter will go something like this:

Service Tech: "If a stock PCM won't allow the truck to exceed 95 mph or boost over 30 lbs, how did yours go to 110 mph and 40 lbs if you've never chipped/reprogrammed the PCM?"

You: "Errrrr, uhhhh, magic?" :innocent :dunno

Service Manager: "Sorry, consider your engine/drivetrain warranty null and void. Try opening the manual or, for a real suprise, actually READING the Magnusson-Moss Act before you try suing FoMoCo."

BWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!

I have access to a Ford Flash/Scanner. What history???

chopper73

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
so if we have access to a Ford flasher we can erase the history????????? Then I am all in!!!!!!!!!:burnit

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tadd is the man... He is the only one on my two 7.3's! And any 6.0s I get near!!! LOL

sik350

wuts bio-diesel?
Reaction score
i can help ya out with some tranny questions. DO NOT CONTINUE TO DO 4WD LAUNCHES REPEATEDLY, i kept doin 'em over and over, and would do them at 15 to 20lbs. of boost, and then romp on it.

one day, about 2 months ago, the truck decided to sit still when i took my foot of the brake.

3310.88 later, i have a brand new torque shift tranny.

-mad

oops..lol..:nutkick:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14