SCT tuner

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
Where is the best place to get a SCT tuner? I am not looking for max power just tunes to get better milage and a little more pep.

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
Are you dead set on SCT? or just any minor computer upgrade?

I got my livewire from Welcome to RPM Outlet they are fairly quick to ship and not bad on pricing... I got mine with the intake/exhaust/computer kit. If you arent' looking for crazy power then the stock tunes that come with the SCT are gonna be just enough.

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
Are you dead set on SCT? or just any minor computer upgrade?

I got my livewire from Welcome to RPM Outlet they are fairly quick to ship and not bad on pricing... I got mine with the intake/exhaust/computer kit. If you arent' looking for crazy power then the stock tunes that come with the SCT are gonna be just enough.

I am not necessarily dead set on SCT, but it looks like their product is as good or better than any of the other programmers out there and a little cheaper. Also, there are a lot of custom programs for SCT. I am not really looking for something crazy though.

I have looked at that site. I already have an exhaust and am not looking to change the intake unless I can find one of those Banks Ram Air filters for a good deal. I have looked at the S&B filters too, I like the looks of their new filters for the 6.0s

Last edited:

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Talk to Tadd at Elite diesel or Matt at Spartan Diesel technologies, they both can get you a good deal on an SCT and they both write some amazing custom tunes, that are tuned specifically to your truck and the mods you have, not just generic out of the box tunes, you won't be dissapointed with either one.

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
I got the s&b for my 6.0 i think they have a comb kit with a tuner and a intake...

I had the livewire for awhile and later swithched to an edge j/a. I think that the edge runs smoother through the powerband and is simpler to use(once installed). I don't think that the sct is a bad product, just that these two companies (as an example arrive at the same point by taking two very seperate paths), are very different. Thats just my example... let me know if need any specifics on either product, they both have been on the vehicle...

-T

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
Thanks Knick and Taylor,

One of the reasons that I am looking at SCT is the ability to get some tunes tailored to your mods and to what you would like to get out of the turner itself.

Taylor, How do you like the S&B and witch one did you get?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14